One of my favorite oils to use is argon oil. It may be on the pricier side, but it’s worth the cost. It absorbs wonderfully into my hair without leaving residue, it maintains my ends and keeps them from breaking, it keeps my skin looking and feeling like silk, and it smells amazing.
There are, however, other uses that I’ve discovered argon oil can fulfill that I wanted to share.
- Make up primer Before I apply make up, I apply just a couple drops of argon oil all over my skin. It makes my make up last so much longer and gives it a better finish. For me, my skin can sometimes look a bit dry when I use a powder foundation, and using the oil as a primer takes care of that issue completely and keeps my skin in good condition no matter how long I have make up on.
- Moisturizer This is probably more familiar way that argon oil can be used, but what I like to do is rub down with my home made mango butter, then go to some tough areas like my elbows, knees, and hands and apply a little argon oil. It’s wonderful way to avoid dry skin and get a little glow.
- Nails I’m not huge on getting my nails done, but I do like to keep them filed and free of hang nails. After giving myself a mini-mani-peti I like to apply argon oil over the beds of my nails to keep them strong and shiny.
- Lips Before going to bed, I apply a little bit of argon oil on my lips so that they don’t dry out over night. It’s also great to use right before applying lipstick for a perfect long lasting application.
- Skin highlighter I like to apply a couple drops of argon oil on your collar bone, cheek bones, shoulders, the center of your legs (if you’re wearing a shorts or a shorter dress/skirt), mainly where the light naturally shines on your skin for that effervescent glow.